POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fireplace scene started [~39KB Jpg] : Re: Fireplace scene started [~39KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:14:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fireplace scene started [~39KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jun 2000 09:39:56
Message: <3958aeac@news.povray.org>
I forgot to mention 'noise3D()' was applied to the 'func_9' as well, please
excuse me if you ran right out and tried using that one and got a plain
ordinary log shape yourselves  :-)
Thanks for the replies thus far.  Helps a lot to hear anyone outside my own
thoughts.  I tried to get blue into the base of the flames with one media and
failed obviously.  Next attempt will be with 2 media combined.
I had to wonder of your comment Marc-Hendrik, I thought it looked overly
blazing already.  The top-near log is burning consumingly seemed to me so I
even tried to -- ahem -- water it down.
Yeah, the central brightness is too much for the smaller, dimmer, reddish
flames above, I agree.  The toughest part is how varied such things can be, no
too fires alike same as no two snowflakes...  Gas logs versus wood logs is
definitely something noticeable I believe.  Really don't know if I could ever
produce a render of the two kinds though.
Well, back to it now.  And thanks.

Bob